The abundance of data in all its forms – from government departments and company accounts to sports measurements and social statistics – provides a constant stream of potential stories for the numerate and curious journalist.
As any experience data journalist will tell you, not all data is easily accessible and will often be uploaded in a less than accessible manner. This is where scraping tools come in.
For further information on getting started in data journalism this guide on sources and tools for the job is a great place to start.Tags: data, Journalism, tools, web scraping
- #Tip: 6 file conversion tools for data journalists
- #Tip: Visit VisualisingData.com for lists of tools to use
- Online Journalism Blog: Visualising data – tools and publishing
- #Tip: Advice on ethics and best practice in data journalism
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – computer assisted reporting tools