As widely reported elsewhere, data.gov.uk is now available in public beta:
Data.gov.uk acts as an online point of access for government-held non-personal data. This is to enable people like you to take it, re-use it and make interesting things with.
“It’s [government data] such an untapped resource,” Sir Tim Berners Lee told BBC News.
“Government data is something we have already spent the money on… and when it is sitting there on a disk in somebody’s office it is wasted.”
- #PPAdigital: Paul Bradshaw’s five principles of data management
- Guardian: Analysing data is the future for journalists, says Tim Berners-Lee
- Bloomberg to begin hiring in Washington DC for new policy news wire
- Datablog: What data releases by the UK government could mean for journalists
- Heather Brooke: ‘PR is infecting public institutions and destroying our democracy’