United Business Media’s PR Newswire service has announced the launch of a new service tailored for bloggers and other “self-publishers, online journalists and hobbyists”.
The PR Newswires for Bloggers site offers customised news feeds, events listings and the opportunity for bloggers to attend press events and record video interviews with celebrities and industry experts.
PR Newswire manager for blogger relations, Thomas Hynes, said in a release:
PR Newswire recognises the growing influence of bloggers and our goal is to make it as easy as possible for them to access the content, tools and information they need to develop their blogs and increase visibility.
The site’s editors will also select five new blogs to feature on the PR Newswire service each week. Hynes added:
Tags: blogging, PR, PR Newswire
There are so many great blogs out there – and that list grows daily. Our goal is to highlight some of those blogs we find interesting or influential – which ultimately comes down to engaging content. Fortunately, there is no shortage of great blogs publishing just that so we shouldn’t run out of candidates any time soon.
- Bloggers showing ‘plenty of interest’ in writing for HuffPo UK
- BBC explains semantic technologies and linked data behind World Cup site
- Poynter: Five ways to turn traffic spikes into return visits
- Social Media Journalist: “The problem with most news organisations is a lack of editorial understanding of social media” Kevin Anderson, Guardian blogs editor
- Blogs make money and live long lives: Technorati’s 2008 report