Thanks to everyone who has commented, tweeted and emailed with their advice on writing the perfect press release – from the journalist’s point of view.
We’re doing this to create a guide for PRs, press officers and other communications professionals with no nonsense tips from those receiving the releases.
What’s been interesting from the responses so far is the degree of consensus regarding what should and shouldn’t be included.
I’d like to get your views on the following specifics too:
- What information should the headline of the release contain?
- Are summaries required or useful?
- What is the optimum length for the whole release and for individual paragraphs?
- Is including case studies useful?
- Should images be supplied or on request?