A provocatively titled article on NYMag.com, looking at Columbia Journalism School’s future. Following the news that the NYTimes’ ‘The Local’ project will be assisted by CUNY students, Erica Orden writes:
“CUNY? Since when does CUNY trump Columbia? Well, since digital journalism became the single ray of hope on an otherwise dark media horizon, and Columbia’s vaunted ability to train students as print reporters began to appear obsolete. And so the school is trying to change. Fast.
- Wired.com: Columbia to offer joint computer science and journalism degree
- Columbia Missourian: Journalism students advised to buy iPod Touch or iPhone
- Emmy Award-winning UBC journalism students form new partnership with Globe and Mail
- CJR: Strange Eruptions from the WikiLeaks Saga
- J-school sourcing? CUNY takes over NYTimes.com’s The Local