The rising tide of microvideo apps for smartphones is an increasing feature in online and mobile news reporting. This podcast looks at what is driving this change, some of the different platforms being used and what this could potentially mean for how news is received and reported in online and mobile forms in the future.
We speak to:
- Michael Downing, founder and CEO, Tout
- Jim Brady, editor-in-chief, Digital First Media
- Neha Manaktala, chief operations officer, Vizibee
- Marc Settle, trainer in mobile journalism, BBC College of Journalism
- Michael Anastasi, vice president and executive editor, Los Angeles Newspaper Group
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
We will have more on Journalism.co.uk next week from the podcast interviewees on this subject.
Tags: BBC College of Journalism, Digital First Media, Journalism, los angeles newspaper group, microvideo, news, Podcast, reporting, tout, vine, vizibee
- #Podcast – How iPhones to ‘green screen Nokias’ are being used for mobile journalism
- #Podcast: Lessons in mobile-first news from Metro, Breaking News and Circa
- #Podcast – How news publishers are branching out into the ebook market
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #jpod: The top news stories from Journalism.co.uk, 1 April 2011