The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast, we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
- #jpod – Personalising the news experience: Publishers and social reader apps
- AOL names new leader of news division
- #Podcast – Lessons in long-form video journalism from the Guardian and Vice
- #Podcast – Then and now: Two years of the New York Times paywall
- #jpod: Broadcasters reflect on the challenges of 2011