Tool of the week: Searchmetrics Essentials
What is it? A tool to test your news site’s SEO and social rankings
How is it of use to journalists? Searchmetrics is a paid-for tool to allow you to see your site’s SEO and social rankings.
Full access costs around £150 per month but you can now have limited access for free with last week’s release of Searchmetrics Essentials.
Type in your domain name and you will be able to see your SEO ranking. For example, typing in Journalism.co.uk shows we are number one search result for “journalism jobs” and number one for “journalism”.
- Searchmetrics: Financial Times is news outlet with most Google+ followers
- Tool of the week for journalists – Facebook Search
- Tool of the week for journalists – Topsy, real-time search for the social web
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Gawker’s new traffic metric measures ‘reader affection’
- Media release: Study finds 13% of Google searches include journalist photo bylines