Paywall technology venture Journalism Online will see its Press+ system introduced to non-profit news sites in the US as part of a deal with the Knight Foundation.
The first 10 sites that receive grants from the Foundation will not have to share revenue from the system with Journalism Online for the first year. Hyperlocal professional news site the New Haven Independent is the first to sign up.
- Knight Foundation gives $3.14m to local media projects
- ProPublica signs up to Press+ in bid to encourage donations
- paidContent: AOL hyperlocal network Patch plans 400 new sites
- Knight News Challenge names community news project as winner
- Herald Online: AOL’s hyperlocal network Patch gets charitable to fund community news