The Telegraph’s website gets eight per cent of its traffic from sites like Digg, delicious, Reddit and Stumbleupon, its head audience development, Julian Sambles, has said.
According to Coles’ calculations, this amounts to around 75,000 unique visitors a day gained through social sites.
Search engines are responsible for around 300,000 daily uniques, Sambles added. Earlier this year Sambles discussed the site’s search strategy at an Association of Online Publishers forum (AOP).
- Publishers’ vertical search can rival Google, says AOP forum
- 75 per cent of online publishers see vertical search as way to reclaim online community from Google, survey claims
- Greenslade: Mirror.co.uk on metrics and building loyal online audiences
- OJR: Using Google Trends to fine-tune your news website
- OJR: ‘Does your site really need to be in Google News?’