Nielsen Online, a service of The Nielsen Company, today reported a 16 per cent year-on-year increase in unique visitors to the top 10 newspaper Web sites, growing from 34.6 million unique visitors in December 2007 to 40.1 million in December 2008.
NYTimes.com was the number one online newspaper destination in December 2008, with 18.2 million unique visitors. USATODAY.com and washingtonpost.com took the second and third spots, with 11.4 million and 9.5 million unique visitors, respectively. Download PDF release
- Editor and Publisher: Top US News sites beat Google News for traffic
- Guardian most popular newspaper website in UK, according to Nielsen Online
- Yahoo: US papers grew online audience 6 per cent last year
- Paywall results in for Newsday as US newspapers see dip in traffic
- Editor&Publisher: Web traffic to US newspapers up 10 per cent