This podcast provides an in-depth look at innovations in social media and interactives at Al Jazeera.
We hear how journalists go beyond Twitter and Facebook to crowdsource, using SMS and phone calls to gather the voices on the ground in different parts of the world.
Sarah Marshall, technology editor at Journalism.co.uk, speaks to:
- Riyaad Minty, head of social media for Al Jazeera
- Mohammed Haddad, interative producer, Al Jazeera English
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
You might also be interested in:
- Five years of social media evolution at Al Jazeera
- How Al Jazeera English gathered data to map Syria’s rebellion
- OJR: Promoted tweets – the AdWords for live news?
- #Podcast: The changing face of journalism in Iraq
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #jpod – How the social media community can shape the news agenda
- Update on Al Jazeera coverage of Gaza: mapping and incident lists