Mashable’s community manager and social media strategist Vadim Lavrusik is to take up Facebook’s new role of journalist program manager.
Journalism.co.uk reported in February that Facebook had created the role in its marketing team in order to bring in an experienced journalist to help news organisations understand how the social network can be used as a reporting and distribution tool.
Announcing his new role on his Facebook page Lavrusik said he will be “leading the charge” to build programs that help journalists utilise Facebook in their reporting.
This includes the likes of the recently launched Journalists on Facebook Page and Facebook Journalism Meetups program, as well as resources for journalism educators, but also taking insightful feedback to product on how Facebook can be improved for journalism.
- App of the week for journalists: Facebook Pages Manager
- Facebook advertises for journalist to explain its value to news groups
- #Tip: Facebook to introduce comment replies and more
- WaPo: Facebook hires former White House press secretary
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – social media resources for Olympics reporting