Telegraph Media Group chief information officer Paul Cheesbrough will leave the publisher to take up the same post with News International.
“News International is fantastically positioned to take advantage of the next stage of growth in the digital marketplace and I am looking forward to joining the group at this exciting time,” says Cheesbrough, who has been at the Telegraph since 2007, in a release.
In his new role at News International, which he will start in the autumn, Cheesbrough will be responsible for all of the publisher’s technology platforms – including the recently launched Times and Sunday Times websites and their forthcoming paywalls.
- James Harding: Times paywall is a revolution for its journalism
- Telegraph merges picture desk and TV under new head
- Media moves: Telegraph gets Mike Seery; Guardian appoints new CFO
- #Podcast – Paywall pointers: Digital subscription lessons for news outlets
- Times and Sunday Times will be paywalled from June – £1 a day