Trinity Mirror has announced that Birmingham Mail editor Steve Dyson and Birmingham Post editor Marc Reeves will step down from their roles by the end of the year, as part of wider changes at BPM Media.
Dave Brookes, Coventry Telegraph editor, has been named as editor-in-chief across all BPM titles (Post, Mail, Telegraph and Sunday Mercury) and as editor of the Birmingham Mail.
The changes, which are the result of a consultation at Trinity’s Birmingham division, will include:
- The Post going weekly
- A risk of approximately 40 editorial redundancies
- A further 42 redundancies from the transport, distribution and newspaper sales departments
- Trinity Mirror overhauls senior management in Midlands
- Marc Reeves on why he’s stepping down as editor at the Birmingham Post
- TM Birmingham chapels’ motion of no confidence
- More Trinity Mirror cuts: three North West and North Wales weeklies closed
- FT.com: Birmingham Post ‘might cease daily publication’