While it’s all very nice that regional digital contributions are being celebrated at the Newspaper Society (NS) Advertising and Digital Media Awards 2008 (it was the first time for blog and digital team catgeories), Journalism.co.uk did raise its eyebrows slightly at the winners of Blogs of the Year…
Gold: Trinity Mirror Midlands – The Geek Files (nice looking but not exactly interactive)
Silver: scotsman.com – Luke Donald (still searching for its whereabouts – any ideas?)
Bronze: Hull Daily Mail – Lucy Clark for Hullvibe (last updated two days ago)
Perhaps they could take some tips on blogging from the winner of the AOP online community of the year, Farmers Weekly Interactive: its blogs are easy navigated and found from the main site.
And we can’t help but wonder why regional digital is judged in a competition for advertising – why is there not one single category for digital in the regular weekly newspaper awards?
Who/or what would you nominate for your favourite regional blogger/blogs?
- Newspaper Society Advertising and Digital Media Awards: the results on and offline
- AOP: RBI takes four prizes at Digital Publishing Awards 2008
- HTFP: Newspaper society cancels 2009 awards
- US National Magazine Awards 2010 to award podcasts, video and mobile
- Regional Press Awards add new category for best editor