Stephen Brooks has been appointed as the UK managing director of web analytics firm Nielsen Online. Brooks takes up his new post after working for EMAP, where he was digital director for magazines.
Before EMAP he was publisher of mad.co.uk for seven years, having helped launch the Centaur title in 1999.
Joining Brooks is David Webb as UK client director media research and Matthew Dodd as vice president of research and analytics for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Webb was formerly director of digital research worldwide for CNN International, while Dodd leaves the Telegraph Media Group, where he was director of customer insight.
Moving roles within the company, Brad Little has also been named director of industry solutions for the UK team.
- Reuters: Journalists in more than 500 attacks during uprisings, claims CPJ
- Media moves: Telegraph gets Mike Seery; Guardian appoints new CFO
- Digital developments at CNN: Gustav raises traffic, as new international digital role is created
- Fast Company: Google’s journalism prize and the 5 groups who should win it
- Non-profit investigative journalism centres around the world: a list