It looks like everyone knows about as much as we do on this one – from Michael Wolff’s tweets alone. On Saturday the Vanity Fair columnist and Murdoch biographer suggested, via Twitter, that News Corp could be looking to sell the Times and the Sunday Times: “Rumor in London banking circles: Times and Sunday Times up for sale.”
Before long, @michaelwolffnyc’s short message was on the re-tweet circuit:
But if Wolff knows more detail, he’s keeping it to himself for now. Meanwhile he’s asking other journalists if they know more…
@johngapper [Financial Times columnist] Working it right now. Being characterized as “strong rumor among private equity” that Times and Sunday Times could be on block.
Michael Wolff, murdoch, Sunday Times, the Sunday Times, times, Twitter, Vanity Fair columnist and Murdoch biographer
@janinegibson [Guardian.co.uk editor] Funny how that happens. Have you heard anything – beyond tweets?
- Tool of the week for journalists – WhenToTweet
- How to embed tweets directly from the new Twitter
- Globeandmail.com: ‘Tempest in a book review’: Black and Wolff’s online run-in
- Trust 2.0 – reports of MJ’s death are not greatly exaggerated
- Newser.com: Michael Wolff on why the internet could kill Murdoch