Allvoices has launched an incentive program to reward its citizen journalist contributors for their work.
According to a press release, the scheme is designed as follows:
Contributors will be paid in relation to the quality of their submissions e.g. copyright violations of texts or photos are ineligible.
The amount of money is dependent on the feedback from the community and strength of the user’s profile.
The type of contributor and its rewards are divided into the following three categories:
– New or infrequent contributors, who organise their social network based around their work.
– Has had a minimum of 10,000 views for their contributions and 25 fans.
– Pay scale in this category is $0.25 per 1,000 page views.
– Minimum total of 25,000 views for their work and 50 fans. For every 1,000 page views they earn $1.00.
-Anchors are influential contributors beyond their social network and are closely followed by the Allvoices community, says the release.
– The criteria for being an Anchor is at least 100,000 views and 75 fans.
– Potential pay rate is $2.00 per 1,000 page views.