The Economist has released a set of audited statistics that show combined print and digital circulations, social media followers and newsletter subscribers.
The stats show:
- Average print and paid digital editions circulation from January to June 2012 = more than 1.5 million
- Average weekly unique devices accessing The Economist apps = more than 600,000
- Total monthly unique browsers to The Economist website = nearly 7 million
- More than 2 million unique newsletter opens, with a unique open rate of 13.9 per cent
- A total of 5.6 million social media followers, including: 2.8 million Twitter followers, 1.1 million Facebook likes, 1.6 million followers on Google+ and 55,000 Tumblr followers.
In addition to worldwide data, each regional edition is featured in a separate section in the report.
UK stats show:
- Print circulation = more than 210,000 (worldwide = 840,000)
- Average weekly unique devices accessing The Economist apps = nearly 80,000 (worldwide = 600,000)
- Total monthly unique browsers to The Economist website = 650,000 (worldwide 7 million)
According to a release, this is the first ‘consolidated media report’ for the title, which has been released by Audit Bureau of Circulations North America, with support from ABC UK.
The full stats, which are worth a look, are at this link.