Tool of the week: The Interviewr
What is it? A tool to schedule, record and archive interviews
How is it of use to journalists? The Interviewr has been designed for journalists. It allows you to schedule phone interviews, add notes and questions you want to ask, record and store the audio, and upload related files.
Free to use, the Intreviewr uses Twilio to power the recording of phone calls. After entering your phone number (with a +44 at the start, if you are in the UK) and the interviewee’s number (again with the country code), both will receive a call at the scheduled time and the conversation will automatically be recorded. You will then be able to download it and play it back.
The Interviewr is still in beta and is developing a subscriber service. There is also an iPhone app (priced at £1.99), allowing you to start the interview and playback the audio from your phone.
- Tool of the week for journalists: Transcribe, a Chrome web app that saves time
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice for using Skype and recording calls
- How to record audio interviews using Facebook’s new video option
- Five tools to liven up local election reporting
- Tool of the week for journalists: Story Wheel, for easy audio slideshows