LinkedIn is growing by two new members every second, according to figures released yesterday (4 August).
Around 14 million people joined the business social network in the three months to 30 June.
That equates to an average of:
- 156,000 new users every day (new social network Google+ has been growing at a rate of one million new members a day);
- 6,500 every hour;
- 108 new members every minute;
- 1.8 new users every second.
LinkedIn has also released impressive web traffic figures and financial results:
- Unique visitors of 81.8 million per month, an increase of 83 per cent from the second quarter of 2010;
- Page views of 7.1 billion, an increase of 80 per cent from the second quarter of 2010;
- Revenue for the second quarter was $121.0 million, an increase of 120 per cent compared to $54.9 million for the second quarter of 2010.
The results represent LinkedIn’s first quarter as a public company.