James Hewitt, the ex-lover of Princess Diana, and actress Koo Stark started legal action against the paper this week, their publicist Max Clifford told Channel 4 News.
Clifford did not identify the newspaper in question. This follows reports this week that Lord Prescott and three other individuals, including Labour MP Chris Bryant, who also allege that the News of the World hacked their phones, have again applied to the High Court for a judicial review into the police inquiry of the matter.
- Independent: John Prescott evidence triggered new inquiry into phone hacking
- Met to apologise for failing to warn phone-hack victims
- Independent: Labour MP to make new claims about phone hacking in Commons debate
- Phone hacking: new government inquiry launched, PM expected to be quizzed today
- Leveson inquiry: full list of core particpants