From Lost Remote, a story about how a TV station broke a story via Twitter in the US.
“When a source told WCCO-TV’s Mark Rosen that Brett Favre would join the Minnesota Vikings, he sent out a tweet. Moments later, other reporters re-tweeted the news, and it was piped out to Facebook. Soon, WCCO was one of the top three trending topics on Twitter, reports MinnPost, sending a big traffic burst to WCCO.com. The tweet beat WCCO’s TV coverage, but not by much.”
Related article at MinnPost.
- MinnPost: WCCO TV’s ‘The Wire’ lets audience in on the story
- Poynter: Washington Post sponsors trending Twitter topic for US midterm elections
- Mainstream media drives Twitter trends, claims study
- Yahoo News tests new ‘Infinite Browse’ feature
- How social referral traffic stats get Twitter figures wrong