“Strikers from Yorkshire demonstrated at a London PR firm today as their employers – Johnston Press – announced more big profits,” a release from the National Union of Journalists said.
“The Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post journalists were joined by NUJ general secretary Jeremy Dear as they leafleted JP chiefs and city workers about their fight against job cuts,” the report continues.
Also, a photograph of the protest over at Jon Slattery’s blog.
- NUJ Release: NUJ condemns more job cuts at Trinity Mirror regionals
- NUJ Release: Journalists thank the people of West Yorkshire
- NUJ release: Yorkshire Johnston Press journalists to ballot for strike action
- NUJ to recruit first full-time blogger?
- South Yorkshire Times front page reports on journalist job cuts