Managing the kit was one big probleim foor Adam Westbrook when he went to cover the First Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment in Baghdad for his radio station. “But juggling equipment isn’t the only problem for a multimedia shooter, I learned. The big challenge is juggling content,” Westbrook comments. His observations and tips for multimedia journalists in the field.
Tags: Adam Westbrook, Baghdad, First Battalion, Iraq, multimedia, Yorkshire Regiment, Yorkshire Regiment in Baghdad
- Tool for journalists: Atlas from Quartz, for building charts
- How The Liverpool Echo reinvented itself to extend the life of its print edition
- Can publishers ‘good-ad’ their way out of the ad-blocking phenomenon?
- Advice from Politico Europe for using audience data to build new products
- Multimedia storytelling platform Shorthand launches out of beta
- Survey: How much do freelance journalists earn?
- How the BBC used Yik Yak to get young people to talk politics and mental health
- Diamond project to launch as media diversity monitoring initiative in the UK
- CNN en Español created CNN en Marcha, a social media production studio on wheels
- Inside Agência Pública, the Brazilian investigative journalism agency led by women
- Five key courses for journalists in September
- #editors13: Presentation on Snow Fall-like multimedia stories
- #ijf13: Data journalism pointers and Excel starter tips
- Journalism.co.uk is ‘pick of the week’ on Google Currents
- Beet.TV: The New York Times, real-time advertising and Twitter trending data
- ICO consulting on possible data protection code of practice for the press
- Washington Post partners with US university to offer journalism scholarship to programmers
- Is Vine useful for journalists? A round-up of reactions to the launch Twitter’s micro-video app
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering
- The Sun launches ‘multimedia studio’ with video webchat
- 1FideliaBohonan: Helpful blog post . For my two cents ,...
- vinay singh: nice
- Paul Gerhard: yes but what we really need is auto...
- shabibacha: Excellent post, some great resources.fashion...
- rothan islam: Hay ” Gaining celebrity ” thank...
- Amme Frey: Journalism is such a vast field and getting a...
- Rank Clinch: Very helpfull information....
- Eddie Maltus: NeighbourNet is a sad marketing vehicle for...
- Jack kelies: A company profile is actually a method to...
- Shubham Patidar: nice http://www.virtualvoyage.ed...