General Excellence in Online Journalism – Non English and Online Video Presentation have been introduced as award categories in response to the many developments within online news since 2000, when the awards began.
The former applies to non-English sites anywhere in the world to expand the scope of the awards, and the latter rewards excellence in video journalism original to the web.
There is now be a total of 12 awards covering a wide range of categories from niche sites to investigative journalism.
The deadline for all entries is May 31.
- Amnesty International’s Media Awards open to entries, with digital innovation category
- US National Magazine Awards 2010 to award podcasts, video and mobile
- US student journalism awards open for entries
- Excellence in New Communications Awards open for entries
- Shortlists out for British Sports Journalism Awards