Northcliffe Media’s 50 local ‘Thisis’ newspaper websites have collectively grown their unique users by 56 per cent year-on-year.
According to internal data supplied by the group, its sites gleaned 2,740,000 uniques for January, with visits up 56 per cent to 7,670,000 and page views up 43 per cent to 51,000,000 – the first time the 50m barrier has ever been broken in a single month by Northcliffe, a company statement said.
Northcliffe’s parent company Daily Mail and General Trust revealed in a trading statement earlier this week that its regional news division had seen a 90 per cent increase in digital revenue during the final quarter of 2007.
- Northcliffe Media selling Staffordshire titles
- MediaGuardian: DMGT to axe 1,000 from Northcliffe Media
- Mail Online helps DMGT to significant increase in digital revenue
- DMGT digital revenues boosted by search portals while local media profits fall
- MediaWeek: Northcliffe will see major cuts as revenue falls