According to data released by Newspaper Association of America and compiled by Nielsen Online, the online readership of US newspapers grew about 6 per cent last year.
Online reach of newspapers grew to 38 per cent of all active online users, up from 36 percent in 2006.
Newspapers had an average of 60 million unique US visitors per month in 2007, up from 56.4 million the year before.
- ABCes: Independent.co.uk records biggest increase in daily browsers
- ‘Facebook Effect’ developing widgets boosts your site traffic
- Paywall results in for Newsday as US newspapers see dip in traffic
- Nielsen Online release: Web traffic to top 10 US newspapers grew 16 per cent last year
- LinkedIn growing by two new members every second