The Online News Association has this week announced the finalists of its Online Journalism Awards for this year. There are more than 100 finalists across 28 categories which produced shortlists.
You can see the full list here. The results will be announced at the 2011 ONA Conference and Online Journalism Awards Banquet on 24 September in Boston.
This year, ONA introduced changes to acknowledge the explosion of journalistic innovation on new digital platforms. Entries for all awards were open to news produced for any digital device. Eight awards come with a total of $33,000 in prize money, courtesy of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and the Gannett Foundation, which also is supporting innovative investigative work with two $2,500 awards.
- 2012 Online Journalism Awards now open for entries
- Entries now open for 2012 Online Media Awards
- 2011 Knight Batten journalism innovation awards open for entries
- Awards round-up: Index on Censorship winners; Mind Journalism Awards; Paul Foot nominations call
- ProPublica, SFGate.com and NYTimes among Pulitzer winners