Al Jazeera reported today it has been given information that journalist Dorothy Parvaz, who was reportedly detained in Syria upon her arrival last month, has been deported from to Iran.
This information has come from Syrian officials, who had previously told Al Jazeera they were holding Dorothy in Damascus, and that they would be releasing her. Ms Parvaz was initially detained in Damascus 12 days ago.
Last month Al Jazeera confirmed its Arabic bureau in Syria had been suspended for safety reasons.
- Al Jazeera calls for answers on whereabouts of journalist Dorothy Parvaz
- CPJ: Call for freedom for detained journalists after releases from Libya and Iran
- Al Jazeera cameraman Sami al-Hajj released
- Committee to Protect Journalists: Bahrain government freezes Al Jazeera operations ‘indefinitely’
- Al Jazeera to broadcast Syria documentary filmed entirely on iPhone