An invitation sent out yesterday by News Corp chief Rupert Murdoch revealed that the Daily will be launched at the Guggenheim museum in New York.
Steve Jobs, now on medical leave, was to appear with Murdoch at the launch. Instead, iTunes guru Eddy Cue will represent Apple. One thing hasn’t changed: as James Murdoch affirmed earlier this week, subscriptions to the News Corp iPad ‘paper’ will run 99 cents weekly.
- European publishers to hold meeting over Apple’s proposed subscriptions change
- The Cutline: Steve Jobs to join Murdoch on stage for unveiling of new iPad publication
- paidContent:UK: What is News Corp’s new ‘innovative’ subscription plan?
- Guardian: Murdoch and Jobs teaming up for iPad newspaper
- Bloomberg: News Corp’s The Daily averaging 120,000 readers a week