Max Raymond, a recent journalism graduate from the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham, gives a full and frank post-mortem of his journalism course. Practical over theoretical was positive, says Raymond, but a lack of communication about awards and relevant events for the students less so.
It’s an interesting read if you’ve just been through a journalism training course or degree – what were your experiences? Let us know the highs and lows of your course in the comments below.
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Globe and Mail on setting up a news wiki
- Times of India: Protests in journalism department over ‘commercialisation of education’
- Guardian Careers: Diary of a budding journalist
- Guardian: Government launches inquiry into work experience exploitation during recession
- Media release: Goldsmiths launches Centre for Creative and Social Technologies