Social media has done more than change the way we interact, claims Digitas chief creative officer Mark Beeching.
Speaking after the Digital Content Newfront conference, Beeching said the biggest issue to take-away from the event was the realisation that new media was helping women take over the media world.
At the first Digital Content Newfront, my main concern is that we had a lot of middle men on the stage, very few women if any, a lot of men in sports jackets. This year, women are taking over the world of media. In 30 years time I think we are going to be making a show called Mad Women. Mad men was the macho, mass media world, Mad Women is the social media, the nurturing, the conversational world.
- #GEN2012: Three ideas for getting more women in journalism management
- Calling journalists to blog on International Women’s Day (Monday 8 March)
- Media Release: BBC appoints Alex Gubbay as first social media editor
- GlobalVoicesOnline: 270 proposals for citizen media projects – the five best
- WSJ launches business women’s section