SocialMedia.biz has a radio show featuring Jimmy Wales from Wikipedia, talking about growing and nurturing online communities. Despite the recent £2 million donation from Google, most money comes from small donations, he says.
It was a wide-ranging conversation about the democratization of media, the birth of Ourmedia and YouTube, the thriving global open source development community of WordPress, Creative Commons licenses, Ning, entrepreneurial journalism, Silicon Valley’s mantra of embracing failure, and the state of Wikipedia.
- #ftmedia12: Jimmy Wales’s advice for journalists on using Wikipedia
- eCampus News: Journalism students urged to write Wikipedia articles
- ReadWriteWeb: Wikipedia as a breaking news source
- Associated Press: Publisher plans printed version of Wikipedia
- Michael Gray: Wikipedia listed as Google News source