The Today programme has a brief interview with Janic Tremblay, journalist for Radio Canada, one of five journalists from French-speaking radio stations involved in a five-day experiment this week using social media sites and networks as their only source of news.
Tremblay explains the set-up of the project (which has been criticised by some media commentators), what they have learned so far and, in particular, the opportunities and challenges provided by using Twitter.
- #Outlook2010: Germany’s WAZ media – learning from bigger players and going open source
- MediaGuardian Radio Reborn 2008: What’s the future for Channel 4’s digital radio?
- Press Gazette: French journalists’ five day social media experiment
- @SOE: (Audio) WAN president Gavin O’Reilly slams UK media commentators
- Nieman: French journalists experiment with social network newsgathering