Mediabistro.com reports on the launch of a new spin-off site for Gawker – a video website, Gawker.TV, manned by around 16 interns working under a video editor.
Videos are a big traffic driver for Gawker and founder Nick Denton has admitted that selling ads will be easier on a site with a less specific focus, according to Mediabistro.
- Fishbowl NY: Sacked Gawker editor says Denton’s role is a conflict of interest
- Nick Denton: Gawker revenues up 45 per cent in first half of 2009
- Defamer.gawker.com: Defamer ‘folds into’ Gawker
- Media Beat: Former Gawker managing editor talks niches and revenue streams
- Why Nick Denton wouldn’t set up shop in UK