Mindy McAdams’ comprehensive guide to multimedia proficiency is now available to download in PDF from her website.
The 42-page document is fully linked and usable online in most web browsers, Adobe Reader, or in Preview on the Mac OS, so there’s no need to waste trees in order to read it.
McAdams has licenced the entire document under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License so users are free to share, distribute, reuse and even remix it, in line with the CC conditions.
The booklet comes straight from a series of 15 blog posts, written as guidance to those who want to transform themselves into multimedia journalists. Her succinct guide includes tips on blogging, audio interviews, podcasts, photography, and video.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – a guide to multimedia proficiency
- Teaching Online Journalism: A reporter’s guide to multimedia proficiency
- Tool of the week for journalists: Transcribe, a Chrome web app that saves time
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – inspiring audio slideshows made by students
- App of the week for journalists: SkyRecorder, for recording Skype calls on iPhone/iPad