Free Press, a group set up to fight media consolidation, has released a report calling for a study on how to save journalism.
Mooted proposals include: a $50 million government fund to support research and development for journalism innovation; a journalism jobs program; and a new ownership models for newspapers.
- Media release: NUJ wants Scottish government inquiry into future of media
- Ad spend will bounce back, says Fry; multiple models needed, counters McCall
- Radio 4: Conrad Black on a possible return to media ownership
- Ofcom considers removal of regional media ownership restriction
- paidContent 2010 conference livestream