From the Reporters’ Committee for Freedom of the Press last week: “A federal court in New York on Tuesday refused to dismiss a lawsuit by The Associated Press that claims a competing news service, All Headline News Corp., misappropriated its news content by drafting stories based on AP reports.” The AP had filed suit against a company, which it claims copied and rewrote AP stories. Full story at this link…
February 23rd, 2009Posted by Judith Townend in Editors' pick, Online Journalism, Press freedom and ethics
Tags: All Headline News Corp., AP, Associated Press, court From, media law, New York, rcfp, Reporters' Committee for Freedom of the Press, The Associated Press
- How wearables are already delivering the news
- Information security for journalists: staying secure online
- NRS: Mail has largest UK mobile-only audience in June
- ABC: Web traffic to Metro tops 32m in August
- How data is central to the New Statesman's digital 'spin-offs'
- C4 News to use Snapchat, Whatsapp in #indyref coverage
- iPhone 6 'making the big screen the norm' for mobile publishing
- BBC News launches account on instant messenger app Line
- Join us for a live Q&A on getting the most from your journalism course
- How Radar sources report from deep inside the Ebola crisis
- Five key courses for journalists in September
- #editors13: Presentation on Snow Fall-like multimedia stories
- #ijf13: Data journalism pointers and Excel starter tips
- Journalism.co.uk is ‘pick of the week’ on Google Currents
- Beet.TV: The New York Times, real-time advertising and Twitter trending data
- ICO consulting on possible data protection code of practice for the press
- Washington Post partners with US university to offer journalism scholarship to programmers
- Is Vine useful for journalists? A round-up of reactions to the launch Twitter’s micro-video app
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering
- The Sun launches ‘multimedia studio’ with video webchat
- Hofin: Hey guys. I am trying to make it easier for...
- jimboeth: I’m at http://twitter.com/jimant now. Ta!
- Mirit Elimelech: I have review these examples all are...
- Teratech Solutions: If you have any kind of requirement...
- mcpasin: Just read your post, thanks for sharing it....
- Juliette Belle: I might have to look into this. Have you...
- CV That Works: Really helpful, I’ve been looking at...
- Mustafa Olgun: http://www.touristfirst.com Yacht Charter...
- freddie: I think they still do this comp each year. The...
- Pete: Thinglink is changing the way it operates to...