Brauchli, who took on the position last May, will become a consultant to News Corporation.
“Following the change in ownership of Dow Jones and the Journal, I have concluded the time is right to consider new career possibilities,” Brauchli said in the release.
“I revere the Journal and hold my colleagues here, both old and new, in the highest regard. There isn’t a better team in journalism, and I will greatly miss working with them on a daily basis.”
- Reuters: Robert Thomson named managing editor of Wall Street Journal
- Editor&Publisher: Washington Post to merge print and online newsrooms
- Editors Weblog: Reorganisation at the Washington Post
- FT.com: Washington Post hires ex-Wall Street Journal managing editor Marcus Brauchli
- Audio: Telegraph journalist Colin Freeman on his release from captivity in Somalia