Speculation about Bloomberg placing a bid for the New York Times has been rife for some time, but don’t believe the hype says Portfolio.
It quotes Bloomberg dismissing the speculation himself during a press conference yesterday in New York.
“I am not a newspaper person,” Portfolio reported him saying.
“I know nothing about the production of a newspaper. I know something about reading it. Sometimes I like it. Sometimes I don’t. I buy it everyday retail. But I am not going into the newspaper business.”
- Bloomberg View will be ‘consistent with the values of the founder’
- Bloomberg providing news content to Yahoo Finance
- NYTimes.com: New York Times presents its ‘Innovation Portfolio’
- Radio 4: Peter Day on business media’s struggle for survival
- Bloomberg: US publisher Gannett trialing paid-content model