Express and Daily Star newspapers’ online apology to Madeleine McCann’s parents – comments turned off
UPDATE: Were the papers right to turn their comments off on these stories? – take the poll
The two Richard Desmond-owned newspapers both issued short, almost identical stories.
“We now recognise that such a suggestion is absolutely untrue and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter’s disappearance,” they both stated.
Another similarity, both newspapers turned the comments system off on the online versions of these stories ‘for legal reasons’.
- BBC Two Daily Politics – Greenslade and Meyer on regulation
- SoE08: Robert Peston and Clarence Mitchell on blogging
- MediaGuardian: Commons committee hears from Mosley and McCann
- Liverpool Daily Post: Madeleine McCann keywords in every main local news story was ‘oversight’
- Guardian was wrong to buy Madeleine McCann keywords on Google