Now this is an interesting media release to get in your inbox of a morning: a summary report and the full expenses for the BBC trustees 1 April-30 September 2008.
“In line with its commitment to transparency and openness, the BBC Trust decided in April 2008 to publish Trustees’ individual expenses with effect from April 2007. These are published on a six monthly basis,” the release said.
So, here you go: the expenses, in text summary form for the period April 1 to September 30 2008 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/about/expenses/summary_apr_sept_2008.txt
Or full report in text here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/about/expenses/full_report_apr_sept_2008.txt
Or visit here for the PDFs (much easier to read): http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/about/bbc_trust_members/expenses.html
The full report lets you details a bit more specifically. During April – September 2008 report for example, Sir Michael Lyons had meetings at the Cinnamon Club, the Dorchester and the Wolseley, for example. Personal details, e.g names of hotels stayed in, are removed.
Download at this link
The interesting parts in digestable form:
- Lots of BBC prom boxes for ‘external opinion formers’ = £3836.35
- Wimbledon Tennis Championship – Sir Michael Lyons and Diane Coyle hosted an event for opinion formers = £9,803.99
- The Trustee expenses amounts below include Trustee business entertainment (external and internal) / Subsistence / Mileage / Accommodation / Travel (other) / Travel –
Driver/ Flights / Cars / Rail / Other (see links above for notes on categories).
- Chairman, Sir Michael Lyons, £35,126.82*
- Vice Chair, Chitra Bharucha, £8,754.01
- Trust Member for Northern Ireland, Rotha Johnston, £7,154.62
- Trust Member for Scotland, Jeremy Peat, £15,050.74
- Trust Member for England, Alison Hastings, £8,341.96
- Trust Member for Wales, Janet Lewis-Jones, £9,872.85
- Trust Member, Patricia Hodgson, £1,546.88
- Trust member, David Liddiment, £856.02
- Trust Member, Mehmuda Mian, £448.62
- Trust Member, Dermot Gleeson, £2,860.78
- Trust Member, Richard Tait, £1,941.07
- Trust Member, Diane Coyle, £1550.59
- TOTAL = £93,504.96
* “Sir Michael Lyons’ expenses total includes half of the annual £25,000 cost for his access to a BBC car and driver. These costs are already reported in the BBC Annual Report and Statement of Accounts and is included here for completeness,” the report says.