Journalism.co.uk is trialling a new service via the Editors’ Blog: a daily round-up of all the content published on the Journalism.co.uk site.
We hope you’ll find it useful as a quick digest of what’s gone on during the day (similar to our e-newsletter) and to check that you haven’t missed a posting.
We’ll be testing it out for a couple of weeks, so you can subscribe to the feed for the Journalism Daily here.
Let us know what you think – all feedback much appreciated.
News and features
- Audit Commission will not investigate council newspapers’ impact on local media: The Audit Commission says it will not look at effect on local titles citing ‘lack of expertise’
- @press_freedom: Tracking media freedom and international journalism around the world: Threats and restrictions for journalists and the media around the globe
- Journalism students must seek new opportunities in online marketplace, say industry experts: “There are very few jobs going, but that doesn’t mean there’s no opportunity,” says Guardian’s Joseph Harker
- Q&A MyReporter.com: ‘Nothing happens until the reader asks a question’: Journalism.co.uk interviews the creator of the Knight-Batten Citizen Media Award winning site
- I.P.I: Mexican authorities need to act immediately to ’stem systematic killing of reporters’
- CPJ: Journalist trials to begin in Iran; charges of ‘sending pictures to enemy media’
- FT.com: ‘There will be a transition to people paying for the internet,’ says Liberty Media chairman
- Global Voices Online: Finding alternative revenue streams as a non-profit org
- MediaShift: What’s the future of cit-j photo agencies?
- Guardian gives comedians right of reply: There isn’t a ‘new offensiveness’ say Herring and Burns
- David Weir: ‘Is AOL on a mission to save journalism?’
Tip of the day
On the Editors’ Blog