Journalism.co.uk is trialling a new service via the Editors’ Blog: a daily round-up of all the content published on the Journalism.co.uk site.
We hope you’ll find it useful as a quick digest of what’s gone on during the day (similar to our e-newsletter) and to check that you haven’t missed a posting.
We’ll be testing it out for a couple of weeks, so you can subscribe to the feed for the Journalism Daily here.
Let us know what you think – all feedback much appreciated.
News and features
- Indico News: ‘Everywhere news is on the local level and people are the news’
- Flyerboard secures deal with Hearst Newspapers
- Katherine Blackler appointed senior reporter at Reinsurance Magazine
- Liz Jones on confessional journalism: “I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone”
- Wired.com: URL shortener bit.ly to launch real-time news service?
- Washington Post: ‘Whiny WashPost Reporter Makes His Point: Respect the Genuine Article’
- FT.com: GNM considers Observer’s future in digital age
- SFGate: US accused of hypocrisy over imprisonment of Reuters cameraman
- Guardian: Government launches inquiry into work experience exploitation during recession
- Recovering Journalist: Growthspur – supporting local media entrepreneurs
- PDA: Journalists and developers join forces for Guardian Hack Day 2
Tip of the Day
On the Editors’ Blog
- Ofcom: Galloway’s Press TV programmes in breach of code
- Lloyd’s List creates interactive guide to shipping in ‘the economic storm’
- SA president Zuma accepts damages from Guardian in libel case
- Journalism Daily: Q&A with Growthspur, no Guardian pay walls and tools for news numeracy
- Journalism Daily: Changing business models for photographers and branding for journalists
- Online Journalism Blog: NUJ ‘New Ways to Make Journalism Pay’ conference round-up
- #DataJourn part 3: Useful and recent links looking at use of data in journalism
- Journalism Daily: Reed divestment update and Chris Anderson on the media