Kanye West has apologised (at least four times) to Taylor Swift for interrupting her acceptance speech at the MTV VMAs to tell the crowd that Beyoncé should have got it, while ABC News has apologised for one its reporters tweeting about an ‘off-the-record portion’ of an interview between another television network and President Obama.
Too late really: the audio is out there thanks to TMZ and the tweet sent by Terry Moran had already done the rounds:
“Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a ‘jackass’ for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT’S presidential.”
Yes, hold the front page of the website (and they are) Barack Obama called Kanye West a jackass.
Politico reports an apology made by an ABC spokesperson:
Tags: ABC News, Barack Obama, CNBC, Jackass, kanye west, MTV, President, spokesperson, Taylor Swift, television network, terry moran, TMZ, White House
“In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview.
“This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologise to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again.”
- E&P: US media ‘unabashedly biased’ toward Barack Obama
- #followjourn: @MarpleLeaf, editor and blogger
- Timely apology for Guardian as Zuma casts his vote
- Phone hacking update: Ex-employees ‘clarify’ Murdoch evidence
- AfricaNews: Obama praises Ghanaian investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas for risking life to report the truth