Tool of the week: Codeacademy
How is it of use to journalists? The rise in data journalism, an interest in Hacks/Hackers meetups and collaboration between journalists and developers has led to many journalists to express a wish to start coding. But where to start?
Codeacademy is a learning tool that offers tutorials to get you started. So far there are only a couple of courses on the site but they are free and superbly designed.
- Tool of the week for journalists: freeDive, to create a searchable database
- The top 10 most-read stories on Journalism.co.uk, 8-14 October
- Torontoist: ‘Why the Star needs its own editors’ – an editor’s red-pen revenge
- Tool of the week for journalists – WhoReTweetedMe
- How much computer science does a journalist really need?