Marketing Week reports national newspapers across the UK are to join together to provide brands “with a collective advertising package that will see them sell ads on their own and rivals’ titles for the first time”.
The collaborative package offers brands dedicated space next to Wimbledon editorial in papers which are members of the Newspaper Marketing Agency, including broadsheets such as the Times, Independent and Guardian, as well as tabloids the Sun and Daily Mirror. Outlining the deal on its website the NMA says:
Tags: Advertising, brands, newspaper marketing association, Newspapers, Wimbledon
Simply choose a package to suit your target market and budget. In return, during the two week tournament, when all eyes will be on news from SW19, the NMA and the national newspapers that make up the NMA membership will serve you space alongside the cream of tennis journalism; in print or online.
- NUJ: More newspaper bosses should take pay cuts
- Marketing magazine: Will Mirror newspapers be next to put up paywalls?
- Media Week: Mail on Sunday targets News of the World readers
- The top 10 most-read stories on Journalism.co.uk, 7-13 January
- Guardian: Trinity Mirror and DMGT mulled merger of regional media