Perhaps we’ll expand this to a Dipity timeline at some point (other ideas?), but for the meantime, here’s a list of a few recent and relevant links relating to CAR and use of data in journalism to get the conversation on Twitter – via #datajourn – going. NB: These are not necessarily in chronological order. Then, the next logical step would be to start looking at examples of where data has been used for specific journalism projects.
- ‘#DataJourn: a new conversation‘, Journalism.co.uk Editors’ Blog
- ‘Q&A with an information architect, aka CurryBet aka Martin Belam’, Journalism.co.uk Editors’ Blog
- ‘Hackday at the Guardian’, Guardian.co.uk
- ‘Guardian’s Open Platfrom – some thoughts from the blogs‘, Journalism.co.uk Editors’ Blog
- ”Facts are sacred’: Guardian frees content and data for developers’ use’, Journalism.co.uk
- ‘Online Journalism Scandinavia: ‘Computer programming is journalism’, Journalism.co.uk Editors’ Blog (by @kristinelowe)
- ‘If I had one piece of advice to a journalist starting out now, it would be: learn to code,’ Charles Arthur’s personal blog.